Sunday, August 24, 2008

tacos and cheese


An interesting predicament took place in the Grindy household the other afternoon. I was just waking up around 4:30pm after working the night before and observed my beautiful pregnant wife walking glumly into the bedroom. The following conversation ensued:

R: What's wrong babe?
K: I had a bad day. (imagine cute downward smile)
R: Why? What happened?
K: It was just a very blue day. (code for extremely bad, and oh, tears forming too, Rob pulls Katy into a hug as he's been instructed to do, that's part of what "blue" is code for)
R: How can I help? (typical male response, fix everything right, well this time it succeeded)
K: (in between sobs) The dog was barking all day, I didn't get anything done, I've been lazy all day, and, and, and...
R: And what?
K: AND WE DON'T HAVE ANY CHEESE!!!!! (imagine extremely deep and raspy banshee howl)
R: (trying to stifle a smile) What?
K: WE DON'T HAVE ANY CHEESE FOR THE TACOS!!!! (same hilarious voice)
R: (bordering on peeing my pants to keep from cracking up) Well let's go to the store and we'll get some.
K: I DON'T WANNA!!!!! IT'S TOO FAR!!!!! (1/4 mile keep in mind)
R: That's ok babe, we can have tacos without cheese, don't we have sour cream, taco sauce, and other stuff?
K: IT'S NOT THE SAME! YOU CAN'T HAVE TACOS WITHOUT CHEESE!!!!!
R: (lost it at this point and shook my belly like a bowl full of jelly in laughter)

In light of this conversation, I decided to ask you our friends and family what you thought. We have a poll posted on the left side of our blog on whether you think you could never eat a taco without cheese (a pregnant point of view) or could do it without if you had too (a non-placenta bearing point of view)

I've loved Katy being pregnant. She glows and is the most beautiful I've ever seen her, and I'll definitely miss moments like this. Hopefully they'll be supplanted with hilarity from our son.

3 comments:

Gene or Robin said...

I'd be looking for the possibility of the "nesting syndrome" here pretty soon. :)

Michele or Tim Grindy said...

It's a pretty amazing woman who allows her pregnancy hormonal stories to be shared with the world! God has been very, very good to you Officer Rob ~

Chris Gamino said...

I eat each and every one of my tacos without cheese.