Wednesday, June 24, 2009

What smell?


I have a confession to make. I have been a very bad dog mom since the kiddo was born. The other night I realized that Lucy had not had a bath in months and my nose could tell. So the next day I was determined to correct this but I did not want to give her a bath during nap time because that would be too easy. After nap, the boy and I got everything ready and called Lucy into the room with us where she got a much needed (and much too EASY) washing. We then went outside and played while she dried off and went back inside for another nap. Upon waking up I remembered that I needed to make a phone call so I came out into the family room and set the boy down in front of some toys and picked up the phone. I looked back at my son and he was playing with his soccer ball but I noticed there was something a little different about it. Then this horrible smell filled the room and I figured out that it was POOP on the ball. You see, over the past few days the boy has been a little backed up so we have been giving him nature's laxative, prunes. The fruit had done its job. There was so much poop that it had filled his diaper and came out the legs of his shorts and was all over the carpet and his toys. I was a little bit unsure of how to handle this so I picked up the boy, holding him as far away from my body as possible, and took him to the bath tub fully clothed. After I got the situation under control in trots Lucy all clean and shinny but wait. There was something brown all over her neck. It then hit me that there was still poop all over the floor in the family room. Needless to say, I'm tired. Really, really tired.

5 comments:

J said...

my cat pooed on the floor two nights ago. i feel you.

D clan 5 said...

Brutal!

Wisners said...

oh my... I feel your pain.

Gene or Robin said...

YUCK!!!!!!!!!

Josh said...

So Lucy, seeing poop on the ground, came to the decision that the best solution to this problem was to lay in it? why does that not suprise me...