Sunday, May 18, 2008

Birthday

26!!!! No longer half way to 50 as Rob felt the need to point out, it’s ok though because I just remind him that he will hit 30 before I do. Despite the age factor I had a wonderful birthday. Rob took the week off so we got in the car and made the trip up to Sacramento where I got to spend Wednesday the 14th at a spa. I was treated to a message, facial, pedicure, manicure, and haircut that ended up being a little shorter than I expected but I am very happy with it. For the 15th (my actual birthday) we had a very full day that included going to the CHP academy and looking at guns but the day ended with a special dinner with friends. I also can't forget to mention that even though the day was a bit manly I got to spend it with my best friend and since that seems to be a rare occurrence lately it might have been the best part of the whole day. I promise to post some pictures of the day as soon as the camera makes it home form Rob's office (its Robs work camera so I might be able to throw in a picture of some of the crazy people he gets to see daily)

1 comment:

Sara said...

Katy,

LOVED reading your post-I could hear you saying every word that I read! :) It was such a treat to be able to catch up with you guys and I have to say, your comment that you got to spend the day with your best friend brought a tear to my eye. :) Ben and I talked all the way home about how good it is to spend time with you guys-you are sorely missed...glad your birthday was great!!!
~Garates