Thursday, January 8, 2009

Too Long!

I have been telling myself that since Rob has his degree in English he should be the one to post because my writing pales in comparison. However, every chance he has I seem to find something else for him to do (i.e. hold the baby). So now I'm taking the responsibility on my shoulders. Just a heads up my posts will not be as long or interesting as my wonderful husband's but I will try not to bore you by adding pictures from time to time.

The last time you heard from us was right before Thanksgiving. For Nick's first big holiday event my family came to stay with us for a few days and Rob and I were able to go out on a date for the first time in over 3 months. Being a new mom it slipped my mind to take pictures on Thanksgiving day so all of the shots are of the next few days.



so here is our son on the changing table, for some reason we have come to find that this is were he is the happiest.

CUTIE!!


At the beginning of December Rob had his office Christmas party so his Mom made the long trek from Sac to stay with our little boy for the evening. It was a fun night, everyone who came was put in a raffle for a new TV and blue ray player and a bunch of other fun prizes, of which we won a night of wine tasting!?!? Perfect for the one person there who was breastfeeding.

Nick's first Christmas tree experience.


Next was Christmas with my family in good old Fresno where Nick got to ride his first horse.

And the cousin's where able to get together and have their picture taken (thanks uncle Rob) for Grandma to keep on her wall.

Just a week later Nick's first Christmas was upon us and we found our home full with Grindy's. Pappy, Noni, uncle Jon, aunt Natalie, Dada, Mama, and the little boy. On Christmas eve we were asked to light the Christmas candle at church so Nick was able to show the whole congregation just how much he loves the baby Jesus. Or maybe it was just his Mom and Dad hoping.

Noni and Pappy getting in a little love before bed.

Uncle Jon, Aunt Natalie, and the dogs getting in some love before church (doesn't Jon hold him like a pro?)

This is Nick's other favorite thing to do lately, look upside down.

Jealous dogs!



It was a wonderful day to celebrate our saviors birth! (over 50% of the gifts ended up being for the newest member of the Grindy clan.)

We were able to see our friends the Wisner's after Christmas. Their son, Tyler, and Nick are going to be best friends (even if they don't know it!)

So that bring us to or first son's four month birthday. I can't believe it! He weighs 15 pounds 3 ounces and is 24 1/2 inches long. We had a good time of Q & A with the doc (much to Rob's chagrin), then the time came where they stuck him for his immunizations and made Mama lose her mind along with a bunch of hair. However, the doc did say that he was the best baby boy in the world!! (JK) We'll try our best not to let it go so long, the way it's going though we'll only be posting about 12 times a year! Some day we'll learn to balance this parenting thing and the rest of life!

5 comments:

Sara said...

Katy,

You did better than fine! I loved reading about your latest adventures and your comment about the dr made me laugh out loud!

I have to say, I think Nick has changed sooo much! I was trying to think if I would even recognize him?!? Please keep posting (you make me laugh) and please include all the interesting pics...one of my fav being Nick held next to the tree. Classic.

We miss you guys...
~Sara

Justice and Ashley Jones said...

way more interesting than rob's.

Gene or Robin said...

Great post Kates....you did good. I love all the pictures and can't wait to see you next weekend!!! I have some kisses for my grandson's cute cheeks. I didn't get the text you sent...try again OK. Love you all. Mom

D clan 5 said...

Awesome! Rob's sweater has to be the tackiest thing I've ever seen! Good night!

rob or katy said...

Tacky??? I'll have you know that Argyle is back in...catch up Davidson!