Wednesday, August 12, 2009

One Shell of a Beach

On our way back from houseboating, Nick needed a pit stop. It just so happened we were right next to Shell Beach when he needed one, or we needed one. Depends on who you ask. So we got out, grabbed our sweatshirts (it dropped 30 degrees from Fresno to Shell Beach, 30 degrees!) and camera, and found there were a ton of cool places to put Nick and shoot some pics. And here they are:

Nick and a dino head, trust me, that's what it is. The dinosaur caves are right at Shell Beach.

Nick on a piece of a dino egg shell. We were going to put him in the dino egg, but it was full of sand, and Nick likes to put everything in his mouth. So this was second best.

Nick in yet another swing with a classic look on his face.

Nick on a killer whale

Nick in a tire swing and quite enjoying himself

The fam on a bench after approximately 10 takes. This was as close as we could get to Nick looking at the camera. Stupid seagulls! Speaking of seagulls, what do you call a seagull that lives by the bay? A bagel!

Nick making sure Katy was all zipped up in the cold

Look at me! I'm blind on a bench!

Enjoying the cool ocean breeze blowing through his hair

Getting close to walking on his own

Pismo from afar

A pelican in flight

While I was waiting for a pelican to take off from "Brown's Rock," as we found out it was called, we saw them stretching their necks. Everyone of them did it about every two minutes. The weirdest looking thing, but I guess if you have jowels like that they need to be stretched.

Don't know if it was the same seagull that was distracting Nick earlier, but I took the shot anyway. If only I had my .40 in my pocket...

No comments: