Thursday, September 26, 2013

thirty weeks! - 9/23/12 - 29w4d

I am thrilled to be here! I remember a time, not so long ago, when this day seemed to be an impossibility. When we saw the doc this week he seemed to share in our enthusiasm at how far we have come but, at the same time he was hoping for a few more weeks. Dr. Shields made it very clear that his perspective has changed and the longer Joshua stays in the womb the better it is for him. In talking to Dr. Yin she believes that Joshua will be the one to pull the trigger by losing his heartbeat and as such we would have no choice but to deliver.  Rob and I have talked and I think that we fall somewhere in the middle. Selfishly I don't think I could carry around a deceased baby but, as long as things stay "status quo," then we want to let all three boys bake as long as possible. Regardless, Dr. Shields will admit me to the hospital by 34 weeks so that he can monitor me daily (that's if I haven't delivered yet).

Truth be told however, I believe it will happen at 32 weeks. This might be due to the fact I have had this number in my head for a while now or because I am measuring 39/40 weeks and am just not sure if the human body can stretch much more. It might also have something to do with the fact we are starting to feel mentally exhausted. This has been such a medical pregnancy with all the doctors appointments and now to add on bed rest and bi-weekly non-stress tests. So, we would like to see what you think. Leave us a comment, if you would like, guessing the day and time from now until the 7th of November as at that point triplets are considered over due.

Now to address the elephant in the proverbial room or possibly it is just the thing I have been thinking about all week. I know that last week Rob wrote a very long sappy post about me and I wasn't sure if I should praise him publicly because that's what he did for me or not. I decided that instead of tooting his horn in a long dialogue about the wonderful man he is, I would just leave you with this: that God doesn't make mistakes. While I might be Rob's earthly hero, God formed us to fit together and I am a human with lots of problems. All that to say God gave me this perfect fit in a man who can balance out my crazy and then still look on me with love and somehow see something good. I don't know about you but I think that's amazing. 

5 comments:

Rose Vernon said...

I'm going to guess Oct. 13th. That's a good day for babies to enter the world. (Korah's birth date.) You both are awesome! We keep you in our prayers often.

Unknown said...

I'm down for Nov 7th. God revealed His sense of humor to my parents on that day 35 years ago when He hurried me into the world and the doctor had to rush in for the 'diving save'.

Andrew D said...

Febtober the eleventy-seventh is our guess! Goulet!

D clan 5 said...

I'm guessing its October 24th. :) We are so excited for you guys and are keeping all of you in our prayers!

AndreaWasson831 said...

October 13 is my beloved grandmother's birthday....but I pray you will get as close to November as possible.

It's amazing how God brings together two people, isn't it?

Continued prayers for your beautiful family.