Monday, September 28, 2009

Fohawk, Fotos, Friends, Fans

We forgot to advise the world that Nick finally got a haircut. Back in August, while visiting Roseville during my month off, we went to this cool little place called "Jack and Jillybeans" in Roseville. Not too expensive, super professional, great atmosphere. I have to admit I wasn't too fond off the place until I saw the chair my son could sit in:

They also had all these other cool chairs. The kids that came in seemed to fight the most over the fighter jet one, but whatever.


Nick's before shot

He did really well and was mostly distracted so long as he got to steer the wheel on his patrol vehicle. I know the lady looks a bit creepy in this picture, but she was really nice and really fast which in hindsight you have to be with little heads moving like lightning and you're carrying a really sharp object.

His first locks of hair

Nick's after shot

Once he got his little "fohawk," we perused on over to Target where they just happened to have a photography studio. Some readers may scoff at how lightly I use the phrase "photography," but hey, maybe we like paying for overpriced pictures in a familiar photo shoot setting, so back off! Anyway, here's a slideshow with the pictures. You can see the whole album here.



And what trip to Roseville would be complete without a get together with the gang?! Unfortunately, we have no pictures of merit from the event because were having too much fun to stop and shoot! Or we just forgot. The former sounds much better so let's stick with that!

We finished off the trip with a visit to good ol' new AT&T Park to watch the Giants get killed by the Arizona Diamondbacks. I organized the trip and didn't realize how far back our seats were. Granted they were lower level, just lower level last row back about 15 rows under the overhang so that you couldn't even see the big plasma screen with all the cool gimmicky games they run on it throughout the game. Nonetheless, good times, plus, Nick (and Katy) were finally able to go to a Giants game. My cousin Chris and his girlfriend Jen, my folks, and my brother Jon and sister-in-law Natalie were all able to go too. Even though there aren't any pictures of them here, they did go. I was in a bit of a pissy mood that day which I'd like to say was because the Giants were sucking but I'm pretty sure I was just pissy. Because of said pissy mood, I neglected to take but a few pics. So, just imagine them in the shots.

Chris loving up on Jen

Katy and Nick with a sweatshirt courtesy of my dad

Showing off my great mood

Our view of the field from the seats...notice the low overhang and lack of viewable scoreboard

1 comment:

J said...

"Some readers may scoff at how lightly I use the phrase 'photography...'"

is that directed at me? i have a feeling it is.

i like the target pics (although we could nit pick the minor technical issues in them, if you ever feel the desire)... there is something to be said in defense of the portrait studio and its social importance.

please, though, for the love of god, tell me you didn't buy any of the prints with the cheesy looking vignetting, did you???

my favorite is the one of him with the glasses in his mouth as he looks to the left... i only wish the glasses didn't say "china" on them.... :\