Saturday, September 27, 2008

The Greats and McKinley Montessori

My grandparents weren't able to make it to Nick's welcoming party so they stopped by for a visit on Tuesday afternoon. It's their first great-grandchild and it showed! I haven't seen them this excited in a long time and it brought smiles to both Katy and my face.
The proud great-grandparents

Great-grandma and Nick

Great-grandpa and Nick

Wise hands and young fingers.

Resting with mom after meeting his greats and having some dinner of his own.

Since we had seen my old vocational buddies, the three of us took a day trip to Katy's old work, McKinley Montessori school for some show-off time. It was definitely unnerving being in the cold-factory that is a preschool, but it was cool to see the excitement on Katy's old bosses and co-workers faces, both to see Nick and to show Katy how happy they were for her!

Showing Nick around the school.

Meeting some of his seniors.

I love this picture because it shows the bosses pure excitement.

Nick, Katy, and her old bosses Rebecca and Kathleen.

Katy, Nick, and Christine
Katy, Nick, and Josie
After spending an hour in a pretty dark classroom as the preschool kids got ready for a nap, it was a bit bright outside so I tried to help out my son by providing some shade.

No comments: