Friday, September 12, 2008

Proud Dad

I have a story that I would like to share with you, and seeing that Rob likes to post all my stories I thought it only fair that this be my post. So, the day after Nick was born all 3 of us are in our hospital room, the nurse comes in and tells us that the pediatrician is available to circumcise Nick. I was not allowed in the nursery due to a bracelet that would not let me come within 2 feet of any baby but my own, so it was up to Rob to stay with our son. When he left the room I took advantage of the time by myself and before I knew it the door was opening and Nick was being wheeled in. Behind Nick I saw a wheel chair with a man sitting in it and a wet towel around his neck. Upon closer examination I realized that it was my loving husband. Apparently this tough CHP officer can handle seeing dead bodies but when it comes to his own son he can be a bit soft. The doc had finished the circumcision and the nurse was explaining what we should do to take care of it. She was all done explaining when Rob told her that he was feeling clammy and light headed, so the nurse recommended that he have a seat. Rob sat down in the nearest chair and the next thing he knew he was waking up on the floor with four other nurses standing over him one of which yelled out, "Cancel the code!" What happened was when he sat down in the chair he lost consciousness and the nurse pulled him to the ground where his tongue went to the back of his throat blocking his airway. One of the most interesting parts to this story is that Rob just got a new seargent at work and the wife of that seargent works in the nursry at cottage hospital. So, who do you think was standing over him when he woke up.

I'm sure there will be more stories to come like Nick pooping alll over his father (multiple times) but for now this one will have to hold you over. I have also not had much time to play with the pictures that I took of the aftermath of this insident. I'm sorry to say but my words will have to sufice for now.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice work! I've got to know, Rob: what was it? Did you see blood or was it just the awful reality of it all? Either way I don't blame you...

rob or katy said...

Well Mark I'm not really sure. I watched it with eager curiosity and felt fine. It wasn't until about 5 minutes later that I felt light headed and everything was covered up already. So you'll just have to watch your son's and tell me what you think!

rob or katy said...

So whoever keeps leaving anonymous comments, if you'd really like to have your opinion respected, let us know who you are so we can have an open dialogue with you. Before you condemn our acts and decisions with our firstborn, using scripture in the process, how about confronting us in an open, honest, and frank manner instead of incognito. Then maybe I'll examine the decision that's already taken place and is irreversible. But hey, thanks for making us feel great about one of our first real parental choices and doing it in an uplifting manner.

Donna said...

Katy, that post gave me a good giggle this morning! I forwarded your e-mail regarding this to Greg. Looking forward to seeing you again!