Sunday, September 14, 2008

These are a few of my favorite things

Since Nick was born we've found out that he really enjoys a good pinky finger. One good pinky can calm him down within seconds or put him to sleep within minutes. Especially if it's his momma's pinky, as evidence here.One of the greatest joys I've had as a father has been the realization that I have a son who is content in his father's arms. Granted, he'd probably fall asleep wherever, but I like to tell myself it's the warmth my bear rug of a chest produces that lulls him into his dreams.

Katy was folding clothes the other night and I needed to get ready for bed. Nick had just been fed and is usually awake for awhile afterward. Knowing he'd probably cry if set down in his crib at this stage in his life, I opted for setting him in some warm comfy clothes. Fortunately it did not incite any potty dilemmas, merely created some fun shots including the closest Lucy has ever gotten to Nick.

No comments: