Saturday, September 6, 2008

You're gonna do what?!?!


Katy is an amazing woman. I definitely knew that before she gave birth to Nick, I definitely know that even more now. That being said, interject funny Katy story.

While sparing the horrific details, which can probably be read in The whole truth, part 2, at-labor, just as Nick was crowning our doctor, Dr. Nomeland, who if I don't say it later in part 2 was amazing throughout the whole pregnancy and post partem period, reached back towards his sterile table to grab an item. Once he turned around I heard Katy exclaim, "Those are some pretty big scissors doc," in a not-so-matter-of-fact-way, more in a, "What the crap do you think you are going to do with those things!!!!!" and also kind of a, "If you come anywhere near me I will use those on you the way you were going to use them on me!!!!!" sort of way. Quite funny now, but at the time I did my best to keep her from looking at what he was doing, close her eyes, and focus on her almost born son.

Tying into that tale, after Nick was born, he was sitting on Katy's belly and we were just smiling and staring at him lovingly. Katy happens to glance up again (I'm seeing a trend here in that glancing up as the mom giving birth can be a dangerous endeavor both for the mom and anyone else in the vicinity). Just as she does, she sees the doctor raise his right hand, I swear it seemed like 10 feet into the air, holding a sword with a thick thread of tug-o-war/bulwark-tying rope disappearing below Katy. She replies in kind, "How many stiches you gonna put down there doc?????" Again in the same tone of voice aforementioned.

Hilarity in Pain. My new motto for Katy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! The Gamino's are all very happy for you three.....Katy looks great, and the baby is beautiful! Oh, and by the way, Rob, something tells me that if a doctor took a large pair of scissors & needle in your similar direction you would not find it hilarious - think about, seriously.....Aunt J

Moulton family said...

Congratulations You guys! That is so awesome! Katy I am so happy for you that you are on this side of labor! Get some sleep. Great name btw. Praise GOD!
the Moultons